(NOTE: All Vice President Codes are the same except for the name of the discipline.)
NH ASSOCIATION FOR HEALTH, PHYSICAL EDUCATION, RECREATION, AND DANCE
Operating Code for the Vice President for (discipline)
I. Name: The name of this office shall be Vice President for (discipline).
II. Purpose of this position:
A. To assume primary responsibilities for the activities conducted throughout the year in (discipline).
B. To interpret the work of the Executive Board and promote programs for (discipline).
A. Eligibility: Must have had continuous membership for two years.
B. How Elected: The Vice President shall be elected by the membership as provided in the Constitution.
C. Term of Office: The Vice President shall serve a one year term which begins on December 1 and concludes the following November 30.
D. Vacancy: In case of a vacancy, the Executive Board shall appoint a person to fill the unexpired term.
The Vice President for (discipline) shall:
1. Serve as a member of the Executive Board and attend all meetings. If the Vice President (for discipline) cannot attend a meeting, he/she must contact the Executive Director or President. If the Vice President (for discipline) has specific responsibilities for that meeting, he/she should make an effort to have someone cover those responsibilities.
2. Identify four (4) speakers for sessions within the discipline for the annual NHAHPERD Fall Conference program.
3. Work at the NHAHPERD Fall Conference for selected jobs at selected times.
4. Submit an article for each NHAHPERD News newsletter (fall, winter, spring) related to (discipline).
5. Solicit nominees for NHAHPERD Awards within the discipline.
6. Assist in the selection of NHAHPERD Award winners within the discipline.
7. Solicit nominees for offices within the discipline.
8. Be actively involved in public relations/advocacy for the discipline including:
9. Perform such other duties as may be delegated by the President.
10. Submit to the Executive Director items in this code that need to be updated.
Revised September 2014