NEW HAMPSHIRE ASSOCIATION
HEALTH, PHYSICAL EDUCATION, RECREATION, AND DANCE
Operating Code for Treasurer
I. Name: The name of this office shall be Treasurer of the NHAHPERD.
A. To serve as an association officer and help individuals
elected to their specific offices.
B. Serve as a guide and reminder of responsibilities.
C. Help standardize practice of NHAHPERD.
A. Eligibility: Must have had continuous membership for two years.
B. How Elected: The Treasurer is appointed in accordance with the Constitution.
C. Term of Office: The Treasurer will serve in the office of Treasurer until he/she submits a resignation.
D. Vacancy: In case of a vacancy in the office of Treasurer, the President will appoint a person to fill the office with Executive Board approval.
A. The Treasurer shall:
1. Serve on the Executive Board.
2. Handle all financial transactions of the Executive Board and the Association.
3. Keep an official record of all financial transactions of the Executive Board and the Association, duplicate and distribute a monthly Treasurer's report to all Executive Board members.
4. Be bonded as fiscal agent of the Association.
5. Attend all meetings of the Executive Board and the annual NHAHPERD Fall Conference, submitting reports as requested by the Executive Board.
6. Coordinate, with the Executive Director, all necessary annual reports to the IRS and AAHPERD.
7. Have pertinent records of the Association attainable for reference at all meetings.
8. Perform such duties as may be delegated by the President and/or Executive Board.
9. Submit to the Constitution, Bylaws, and Operating Code Committee any items in this code that need to be updated. These should be included in the annual report as recommendations for change.
10. Turn over files to successor.