NEW HAMPSHIRE ASSOCIATION
HEALTH, PHYSICAL EDUCATION, RECREATION, AND DANCE
Operating Code for the NHAHPERD Student Representative
I. Name: The name of this position is the Student Representative of the NHAHPERD executive board.
II. Purpose: The purpose of this code is to provide the Student Representative with an outline of the duties and responsibilities of the position of NHAHPERD Student Representative.
The purpose of this position is to:
1. Organize student presiders for the annual NHAHPERD Fall Conference.
2. Help plan any student events for the annual NHAHPERD Fall Conference.
3. Disseminate information relative to student programs.
4. Get students more involved with NHAHPERD.
A. Eligibility: The Student Representative must be a current member of NHAHPERD.
B. How Elected: The NHAHPERD Student Representative shall be appointed by the President with the approval of the Executive Board.
C. Term of Office: The Student Representative shall serve a one or two year term starting in September.
D. Vacancy: In case of a vacancy, the President will appoint a person to fill the unexpired term.
A. The NHAHPERD Student Representative shall:
1. Serve as a voting member of the Executive Board and attend all meetings.
2. Email each of the four universities (UNH, Plymouth, Keene, NEC) on a monthly basis updating professors and students on what was discussed at the board meeting and asking for any input or suggestions from students.
3. Organize student presiders for the annual NHAHPERD Fall Conference.
4. Help plan any student events for the annual NHAHPERD Fall Conference.
5. Notify the President or Newsletter Editor of news items worth of interest to the state and national membership.
6. Prepare an article of student interest for each publication of the NHAHPERD News.
7. Write letters of appreciation to program speakers and participants following the annual NHAHPERD fall conference.
8. Prepare a written report for the monthly meetings.
9. Represent NHAHPERD student members as requested by the NHAHPERD Executive Board.
10. Serve on the Awards Committee for the selection of the two New Hampshire Outstanding Student Majors at the annual NHAHPERD Fall Conference.