NEW HAMPSHIRE ASSOCIATION
HEALTH, PHYSICAL EDUCATION, RECREATION, AND DANCE
Operating Code for the
Physical Best Representative
I. Name: The name of this position is the Physical Best Representative of NHAHPERD.
II. Purpose: The purpose of this code is to provide the Physical Best Representative with an outline of the duties and responsibilities of the position of the Physical Best Representative of NHAHPERD.
The purpose of this position is to serve as a liaison for NHAHPERD with the Physical Best/Fitnessgram program.
A. Eligibility: The Physical Best Representative must be a current member of NHAHPERD.
B. How Elected: The Physical Best Representative is appointed by the President with the approval of the Executive Board. (The Physical Best Representative shall be an ex-officio member of the NHAHPERD Executive Board and can, but not need be an officer of said board.)
C. Term of Office: The Physical Best Representative serves a term of three (3) years with the opportunity to serve successive terms.
D. Vacancy: In case of a vacancy, the President will appoint a person to fill the unexpired term.
A. The Physical Best Representative shall:
1. Attend meetings of the NHAHPERD Executive Board as an ex-officio member.
2. Keep NHAHPERD members informed and updated on changes and developments in the Physical Best/Fitnessgram program.
3. Write a Physical Best column for the NHAHPERD News.
4. Conduct workshop(s) on various components of the Physical Best/Fitnessgram program at the annual NHAHPERD Fall Conference and as needed and requested throughout the year.
5. Attend national training sessions of the Physical Best/Fitnessgram program in the role of New Hampshire Alliance State Fitness Coordinator.
6. Serve as a resource to NHAHPERD members on health fitness-related education materials and programs.