NH ASSOCIATION FOR HEALTH, PHYSICAL EDUCATION, RECREATION, AND DANCE
Operating Code for the Past Vice President for (discipline)
I. Name: The name of this office shall be Past Vice President for (discipline).
II. Purpose of this position:
A. To assume responsibilities for the activities conducted throughout the year in (discipline).
B. To support the Vice President for (discipline) in interpreting the work of the Executive Board and promoting programs for (discipline).
A. How Elected: After serving one year as Vice President, the Vice President immediately succeeds to the office of Past Vice President and serves one year.
B. Term of Office: The Past Vice President shall serve for a one year term which begins on December 1 and concludes the following November 30.
C. Vacancy: In case of a vacancy, the Executive Board shall appoint a person to fill the unexpired term.
The Past Vice President for (discipline) shall:
1. Serve as a member of the Executive Board and attend all meetings. If the Past Vice President (for discipline) cannot attend a meeting, he/she must contact the Executive Director or President. If the Past Vice President (for discipline) has specific responsibilities for that meeting, he/she should make an effort to have someone cover those responsibilities.
2. Serve as a mentor to the Vice-President and Vice-President Elect for (discipline).
3. Identify four (4) speakers for sessions within the discipline for the annual NHAHPERD Fall conference.
4. Work at the NHAHPERD Fall Conference for selected jobs at selected times.
5. Submit article for each NHAHPERD News newsletter (fall, winter, spring) related to (discipline).
6. Solicit nominees for NHAHPERD Awards within the discipline.
7. Solicit nominees for offices within the discipline.
8. Be actively involved in public relations/advocacy for the discipline including:
10. Submit to the Executive Director items in this code that need to be updated.
Revised September 2014