NEW HAMPSHIRE ASSOCIATION
HEALTH, PHYSICAL EDUCATION, RECREATION, AND DANCE
Operating Code for the Past President
I. Name: The name of this office shall be Past President of the NHAHPERD.
II. Purpose: The purpose of this code is to provide the Past President with an outline of the duties and responsibilities of the office of Past President of the NHAHPERD.
A. How Elected: After serving one year as President, succeeds to the office of immediate Past President and shall serve one year.
B. Term of Office: The Past President will serve for one year and begins on December 1 and concludes on the next December 15th.
C. Vacancy: In case of death or resignation of the Past President, the President will appoint a member of the Association to fill the unexpired term.
A. The Past President shall:
1. Serve on the Executive Board and the Executive Committee.
2. Act in an advisory capacity in whatever situation requested by the President.
3. Send copies of key correspondence to appropriate members of the Executive Board.
4. Be responsible for the planning of the annual NHAHPERD Fall Conference. In conjunction with the Executive Director take care of: Conference Planning, Hospitality, Program Entertainment, Educational Exhibits, Commercial Exhibits, Social Recreation, Facilities, Records, Evaluation, Arrangements, Publicity (including newsletter articles), Photographer, Registration, and Program Printing.
5. Serve as student advisor and work with Student Representative to the board on conference programs, student clubs, and awards.
6. Serve as a member of the Program Enhancement Grant selection committee.
7. Serve as a member of the Awards Committee.
8. Serve as an ex-officio member of Retiree Network Committee.
9. Submit to the Constitution, Bylaws, and Operating Code Committee any items in this code that need to be updated. These should also be included in the annual report as recommendations for change.
10. Turn over files to successor at the last meeting of the Executive Board. If unable to attend this meeting, file should be delivered to the President prior to the meeting.
11. Select and turn over to the NHAHPERD Archivist copies of any materials that have a bearing on NHAHPERD history.