NEW HAMPSHIRE ASSOCIATION
HEALTH, PHYSICAL EDUCATION, RECREATION, AND DANCE
Operating Code for the NHAHPERD Newsletter Editor
I. Name: The name of this position is the NHAHPERD Newsletter Editor.
II. Purpose: The purpose of this code is to provide the NHAHPERD Newsletter Editor with an outline of the duties and responsibilities of the position of NHAHPERD Newsletter Editor.
The purpose of this position is to assist in publishing the NHAHPERD News.
A. Eligibility: The NHAHPERD Newsletter Editor must be a current member of NHAHPERD.
B. How Elected: The NHAHPERD Newsletter Editor is appointed by the President with the approval of the Executive Board. (The NHAHPERD Newsletter Editor shall be an ex-officio member of the NHAHPERD Executive Board and can, but not need be an officer of said board.)
C. Term of Office: The NHAHPERD Newsletter Editor serves a term of three (3) years with the opportunity to serve successive terms.
D. Vacancy: In case of a vacancy, the President will appoint a person to fill the unexpired term.
A. The NHAHPERD Newsletter Editor shall:
1. Attend meetings of the NHAHPERD Executive Board as an ex-officio member.
2. Assist the NHAHPERD Publisher in publishing a newsletter three (3) times a year: Fall, Winter, and Spring. The purpose of the Newsletter is to inform NHAHPERD constituents about issues and concerns in the fields of health, physical education, recreation, and dance, as well as to report on news from AAHPERD and to inform members of upcoming meetings, conventions, workshops, and courses. The Newsletter will be published and sent to NHAHPERD members at large and NH School Superintendents.
3. Assist the Publisher in collecting and editing articles for the Newsletter.
4. Notify the NHAHPERD Executive Board members when their articles are due. Articles are usually due from the board members at the September, January, and April board meetings.
5. Give all official correspondence to the President and the Executive Director.