NEW HAMPSHIRE ASSOCIATION
HEALTH, PHYSICAL EDUCATION, RECREATION, AND DANCE
Operating Code for the
I. Name: The name of this position is the Necrologist for the NHAHPERD.
II. Purpose: The purpose of this code is to provide the Necrologist with an outline of the duties and responsibilities of the position of NHAHPERD Necrologist.
A. Eligibility: The Necrologist must be a current member of NHAHPERD.
B. How Elected: The Necrologist is appointed by the President with approval of the Executive Board.
C. Term of Office: The Necrologist shall serve continuously until resignation by the individual or at the request of the Executive Board.
D. Vacancy: In case of a vacancy, the President will appoint a person to fill the position.
A. The NHAHPERD Necrologist shall:
1. Continually search newspapers, professional periodicals, and every source of notices of death among our colleagues.
2. Contact county superintendents, colleges, public and private school, and recreation agencies to achieve highest possible state coverage.
3. Report deaths immediately to appropriate publications.
4. Send next of kin a copy of the report.
5. Place reports in the NHAHPERD News.
6. Submit an annual report to the Archivist.