NEW HAMPSHIRE ASSOCIATION
HEALTH, PHYSICAL EDUCATION, RECREATION, AND DANCE
Operating Code for the
EDA Council for Services Representative
I. Name: The name of this position is the Eastern District Association Council for Services Representative to the NHAHPERD Executive Board.
II. Purpose: The purpose of this code is to provide the EDA Council for Services Representative with an outline of the duties and responsibilities of the position of EDA Council for Services Representative.
The purpose of this position is to serve as a liaison for NHAHPERD to the Eastern District Association through the EDA Council for Services.
A. Eligibility: The EDA Council for Services Representative must be a current member of NHAHPERD and have two (2) years continuous AAHPERD membership immediately prior to appointment. (The EDA Council for Services Representative shall be an ex officio member of the NHAHPERD Executive Board and can, but need not, be an officer of said board.)
B. How Elected: The EDA Council for Services Representative is appointed by the President with the approval of the Executive Board.
C. Term of Office: The EDA Council for Services Representative serves a term of two (2) years with an opportunity to serve successive terms.
D. Vacancy: In case of a vacancy, the President will appoint a person to fill the unexpired term.
A. The EDA Council for Services Representative shall:
1. Attend meetings of the NHAHPERD Executive Board as an ex-officio member.
2. Attend all meetings of the EDA Council for Services, Fall meeting: Leaders' Conference, Spring meeting: Plan for Fall Leaders' Conference, Annual EDA Convention: Representative Assembly and organizational meeting
3. Report to the NHAHPERD Board pertinent information from the EDA meetings and conferences.
4. Convey information to the Council for Services and EDA from NHAHPERD.
5. Serve as a spokesperson and representative of and from the state of New Hampshire.
6. Represent the wishes of NHAHPERD at the EDA Representative Assembly.
7. Serve on various committees of NHAHPERD.
8. Communicate with NHAHPERD Awards Chair concerning EDA/AAHPERD awards criteria and deadlines.
9. Solicit applications and make recommendations from NHAHPERD members for the distribution of monies to conduct projects of needed service and information.
10. Help organize an AAHPERD/NHAHPERD exhibit table at the annual NHAHPERD Fall Conference.