NEW HAMPSHIRE ASSOCIATION
HEALTH, PHYSICAL EDUCATION, RECREATION, AND DANCE
Operating Code for the
EDA Council for Conventions Representative
I. Name: The name of this position is the Eastern District Association Council for Conventions Representative to the NHAHPERD Executive Board.
II. Purpose: The purpose of this code is to provide the EDA Council for Conventions Representative with an outline of the duties and responsibilities of the position of EDA Council for Conventions Representative.
The purpose of this position is to serve as a liaison for NHAHPERD to the Eastern District Association through the EDA Council for Conventions.
A. Eligibility: The EDA Council for Conventions Representative must be a current member of NHAHPERD and have two (2) years continuous AAHPERD membership immediately prior to appointment.
B. How Elected: The EDA Council for Conventions Representative is appointed by the President with the approval of the Executive Board. (The EDA Council for Conventions Representative shall be an ex-officio member of the NHAHPERD Executive Board and can, but not need, be an officer of said board.)
C. Term of Office: The EDA Council for Conventions Representative serves a term of two (2) years with the opportunity to serve successive terms.
D. Vacancy: In case of a vacancy, the President will appoint a person to fill the unexpired term.
A. The EDA Council for Conventions Representative shall:
1. Attend meetings of the NHAHPERD Executive Board as an ex-officio member.
2. Attend all meetings of the EDA Council for Conventions. Fall Meeting: Leaders' Conference; Spring Meeting: Plan for EDA Convention, Annual EDA Convention: Representative Assembly and organization meeting
3. Represent a specific discipline as designated by the EDA Rotational Pattern.
4. Solicit appropriate presenters and presiders to present and preside at the EDA Convention.
5. Serve as a spokesperson and representative of and from the state of New Hampshire.
6. Represent the wishes of NHAHPERD at the EDA Representative Assembly.
7. Serve on various committees of NHAHPERD.
8. Promote the EDA Convention through the NHAHPERD News and at the annual NHAHPERD Fall Conference.