The New Hampshire Association for Health, Physical Education and Recreation (NHAHPERD) Meritorious Achievement Award is given to up to two people in the disciplines of Health Education and Physical Education who best exemplify exceptional and outstanding contributions to their respective disciplines.
- Nominee must have been a professional member of NHAHPERD for 7 years.
- Nominee is recognized for achievements from the elementary, middle school (junior high), secondary or college/university level.
- Nominee must have had 7 years of active involvement in the discipline for which the award will be granted.
- Nominee must have active involvement at the local, state or district level.
- Specific qualifications (must demonstrate contributions in one of more of the following categories):
- Leadership and committee service at the local, state, and /or district level.
- Involvement in volunteer activities at the district and local, state, and/or district level.
- Presentations/workshops at the district and local, state, and/or regional levels.
- Contributions in professional journals, newsletters, monographs, books, choreography, computer software, and/or editorships.
- Outstanding innovative contributions or service to the profession or discipline.
- Evidence of full-time professional employment.
This Award is to be given whenever meritorious achievement is to be recognized.